pygmalionkaratzas.com website has grown to have more than 400 pages with an archive of 10.000+ images.
A navigation of its sections, content and functions is described below.
01. Architectural: the architectural section hosts all the photographed buildings catalogued geographically.
1.3 EXPO Milan Pavilions
1.4 Middle East
Each 'country page' has a thumbnail gallery ("front page") visually cataloguing all the projects, which works as a summary of the photographed buildings. By clicking on each building thumbnail, the main page of the project opens to display the full set of images. Project pages have more than one groups of images ("project galleries") within them: exterior day, exterior sunset / dusk / night / dawn / sunrise, interior, closeups & details, different sections / functions of buildings, aerial / drone, etc. which works as another curation filter to help with the viewing process of numerous images. You can either navigate back to the country page by clicking on the 'back' button at the end of each page or by using the main drop-down menu to visit other sections. The menu bar is also placed at the bottom of the website for convenience when pages get long.
02. Fine Art: the artistic section presents my fine art photography works catalogued thematically.
2.1 Integral Lens
2.4 Being Becoming
Similarly to the architectural section, the main gallery of the artistic collections, shows a cover image from each portfolio and by clicking on the thumbnail, the page of the series opens displaying the full set of images and related information.
03. Commercial: the commercial section consists of photographed projects catalogued by business sector.
3.1 Hotels / Tourism / Hospitality
3.2 Real Estate / Airbnb / Rentals
3.3 Workspaces / Service industry (cafes, bars, restaurants, clubs, Spa, offices, retail stores, professional spaces, designer products, life style)
3.4 Exhibitions (museums, galleries, pavilions, trade shows, conferences, festivals, promotional events)
3.5 Constructors (construction companies, construction sites, works in progress)
3.6 Building Vendors (manufacturers, building material companies and vendors)
Navigation works in a similar manner as in sections 1: main gallery with a cover image for each project, and by clicking on the thumbnail, the page with the full set of images opens.
4.1 Commercial videos
4.2 Video exhibitis
4.3 Travel videos
05. Workshops: the workshops section presents educational courses on architectural and fine art photography developed and conducted in collaboration with other professionals and institutions.
05. Photo Editor: as photo editor for arcspace.com - the ezine of the Danish Architecture Center based in Copenhagen - I conducted exclusive interviews with photographers from around the world and curated their work in the online gallery of the website dedicated to architectural photography. In the editorial section I showcase this work with links to their published pages on arcspace.
06. About: in this section I include a short biography, an outline of the provided services and my photographic approach, a list of awards from international photography competitions, testimonials from clients and professionals in the field, a list of exhibitions my work has participated, and a sample of my architecture practice from 1999 to 2012.
6.1 Bio / Services, Approach
6.6 Academic Paper
07. Shop: all images are available either for limited / open edition fine art prints or for editorial / commercial licensing.
8.1 Fine Art Prints
08. News: the news section consists of blog entries highlighting the latest activities of the studio in chronological order.