An edition of the ‘Integral Lens’ book is now available on blurb.com to order in hard copies. Size large square, 30x30 cm (12x12 in), hardcover, image wrap cover design. Through June 26, using the coupon CHERISH, there is a 40% discount.
Full preview of the book here:
"In this book, Karatzas demonstrates his special sensitivity to light, space, and form. We are fortunate to be able to view the world through his lens and glimpse our built environment with the eyes of a master."
- Alexander Strecker, Managing Editor, LensCulture
"We had the pleasure to present Pygmalion Karatzas’ work at The Greek Foundation with great success. This photographic exploration of the American continent offers great possibilities to the viewer to interact and experience the landscapes. His unique intimate look at the urban environment, creates a framework for the observer to interpret the context in different scale and depth. Architecture and Photography merge in an uncommon way and this reflects strongly on the viewer, who is taken slowly into a journey to remember.”
- Kostis Karatzas, Founder & Director ‘The Greek Foundation’
“I don't think I've ever seen monochrome images as good as this. Pygmalion is a complete photographer from the original photo to the final work. His pictures indicate a great artistic sense. Beyond their technical qualities, they plunge us into a real atmosphere.”
- Aidan Sartin Conte, Editor, founder, publisher and Art Director of PhotographizeMag
“The Pygmalion Karatzas photograph seems to stop a time passing too quickly. Pygmalion dominates the taking of images using long expositions to perfection, impregnating his scenes of a unique atmosphere, thus obtaining an unmistakable point of view with a strong seal and a marked personality.”
- Maxim Panés, Founder & Director, Dodho Magazine
“The magnificent color and black/white photographs with their sharp outline, atmospheric lighting, soft colors and wide angle immediately impress on the viewer an image of the expansiveness and variety of the American landscape both urban and natural.”
- Els Siakos Hanappe, Program Coordinator, Fulbright Foundation Greece
“The photographs themselves take a range of subjects, both city and nature, buildings and contexts, interiors and exteriors, wholes and parts, full of people and empty of habitation, frozen structures and dynamic skies—cityscapes, urban waterscapes and wild landscapes. The wide-angle Karatzas lens ranges widely. If integral consciousness is “aperspectival” (meaning beyond individual perspectives), as Jean Gebser put it, then something of this lens is available to viewers of this work. Although filled with page-turning anticipation about what comes next, this is not work to be glanced over as a coffee-table fashion book. I encourage you to take a long-exposure view of each image. Let the Integral Lens take you somewhere.”
- Prof. Mark DeKay, Author ‘Integral Sustainable Design’
- Fulbright Foundation Greece, 2015-2016 Fulbright Artists Scholarship Award.
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2017, 3rd place, ‘Integral Lens’ book, category Fine Art Books.
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2017, honorable mention, ‘Integral Lens’ book, category Books/Other.
- Dodho Magazine, Black & White Photographer of the Year 2017, Finalist, ‘AQAL Views’ series.
- Camerapixo Magazine, We Inspire vol.21 issue, Silver Photography Award.
- Fine Art Photography Awards 2017, Nomination, ‘AQAL Views’ series, category Cityscapes.
- Fine Art Photography Awards 2017, Nomination, ‘AQAL Views’ series, category Fine Art.
- Fine Art Photography Awards 2017, Nomination, ‘Boomeritis’ series, category Architecture.
- International Photography Awards 2016, Honorable Mention, ‘AQAL Views’ series, category Architecture/Cityscapes.
- International Photography Awards 2016, Honorable Mentions, ‘AQAL Views’ series, category Fine Art/Other.
- International Photography Awards 2016, Honorable Mention, ‘Boomeritis’ series, category Architecture/Buildings.
- PX3 Paris Photography Prize competition 2016, Honorable Mention, 'Boomeritis' series, category architecture.
- Spider Black & White Awards 2016, 'Mechanics Monument Plaza' image, Nominee, category architecture.