'Nortigo' series, 'Integral Lens' project
Edition Type: Limited edition print.
Fine Art Prints: Images are available in gallery-quality fine art prints on various sizes, media and framing options.
Image Licensing: High-resolution images are available for editorial and limited commercial use.
Please inquire for further information.
‘Nortigo’ is an exercise in shifting points of view as a gesture to reveal new and interesting information, compositions and feelings from spaces designed to form tangible connections between above and below, by looking straight up towards the ceiling, atrium or sky. The progression from indoor to outdoor spaces supplements the introvert/extrovert design polarity, while the pairing of classical buildings with modern, postmodern and cosmogenic architecture allows for comparative viewing experiences and a diverse showcase of the built environment.
The title ‘Nortigo’ is a combination of the words ‘North’ and ‘Vertigo’. Vertigo is a negative feeling associated with the loss of balance and light-headedness when looking down from a great height. What about the opposite feeling? The experience of discovering our “true north”, the positive feeling associated with finding the right direction and correct course both literally and figuratively? I use the word ‘nortigo’ for such feelings of inner purpose, of alignment between the personal and the Kosmos.
Images are part of a larger project: ‘Integral Lens - multi perspectival approaches to the study and representation of the built environment’. A visual journey of contemporary architecture and cityscapes from United States taken during a 5-month visit, awarded by the Fulbright Foundation Greece with the Artist Scholarship Award and sponsored by the College of Architecture and Design of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Project statistic: 9,600 miles flying, 4,200 miles driving, 1,300 miles public commuting, 750,000 steps walking, 12,000 still images taken, 65,000 images in timelapse video, 150 buildings and locations from 12 cities, 142 days on the road.
- Camerapixo Press Publications 2020, Photo Press Award.
- Moscow International Fotography Awards 2019, 2nd place in the category of Fine Art Books.
- International Color Awards 2019, Nomination.
- Arte Laguna Prize 2019, shortlisted.
- Siena International Photo Awards 2018, Remarkable Artwork.
- Trieste Photo Days Festival 2018, selected project for exhibition and book.
- Fine Art Photography Awards 2017, Nomination.
- PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2017, Honorable Mention.
- International Photography Awards 2016, Honorable Mention.